Thursday, July 29, 2010

Back to school already?!

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over and school is ready to start again. This year, we are homeschooling our soon-to-be first grader. The just-turned-three-year-old will be doing letters, numbers, shapes, and colors at home as well. I love that stage! I am also excited about homeschooling and doing first grade. My degree is actually in secondary education, but it's so exciting to be able to teach and see the lights come on and try to make it interesting. Plus, knowing exactly what my daughter is learning is very comforting to me. It won't be exactly easy, but it will be so worth it, in my opinion. I just love my girls so very much and can't wait to see them grow in every way right before my eyes.
It's so hard to believe that my first "baby" will be six this weekend! She was born two weeks before her due date, the day (well, technically the next morning) we moved out of our second floor apartment and into my in-laws basement. Our house wasn't finished yet (of course), and wouldn't be for another six weeks. So we never had fewer than three people in our little basement room at my in-laws. But it was cozy. :)
Now she will be six years old. Six years! Wow, a lot has happened in the last six years. I can't wait for the next six years, and the next, and the next... Watching my daughter turn into a young lady...kinda brings tears to your eyes. :) I remember being in a friend's wedding when my daughter was about ten months old. As I stood there at the front of the church, I remember crying and thinking, "I could never do this" and my daughter wasn't even a year old! Seems silly, but if you're a mom of a daughter, you know exactly what I mean. Now, if her dad and I can just make it through the next however many years and, by God's grace, train her to be a godly young woman who will love Him with all of her heart, we'll have it made. :) God will give us the strength and the wisdom. And we pray every day that our girls will grow to love their Savior more and more each day and desire to be like Him in every way. What an awesome responsibility we have! And what an awesome God we serve. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have so much fun. This year I'm teaching 1st grade and Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you start school yet? What curriculum are you using?

    ReplyDelete