Thursday, July 8, 2010

To Your Health

Every time I go grocery shopping, I find myself more and more annoyed by the prices of food...healthy food in particular. Why is it that the jelly, bread, snacks, juice, etc. that do NOT contain high fructose corn syrup are the most expensive? Well, I KNOW why. Just don't think it's quite fair really. :) Oh well. I try, as much as is financially possible, to buy groceries that are as natural as possible. The Sunflower Market is a great place for that, by the way. If you haven't been, you should really go. Their sales are really great...regular prices not so much. But you can still find lots of great stuff at great prices. (And, no, they don't pay me to advertise. ;) ) So, until I start getting paid for looking out for my family and their health, ;) I'll be faithfully clipping coupons, following grocery store ads, and frequently visiting more than one grocery store during a good shopping trip. And maybe one day, the price of truly organic/natural foods will come down so that everyone will be able to afford healthy eating. But please don't take this as griping or complaining. Well, I guess it is a bit of complaining. :) I am grateful for the array of fresh fruits and veggies and other great foods that are available for our consumption. God is so good to allow us to live here in this country where we have plenty. How blessed we truly are! Let me tell you, though, some foreign countries are awfully blessed in the fruit and vegetable department! You would not believe the size of the carrots that are grown on the hillside in the jungles of Papua New Guinea. I'll have to find a picture and put it up here. So yummy. And sweet potatoes...over forty different kinds! And to think that God created it all...for us! HE truly is "Awesome".

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You started one. I have added it to my reading list so I am looking forward to reading what your thoughts are! :-) I hope you have fun with this! I know I sure do!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete